Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Pumpkin, a Pumpkin, so many things to do with a Pumpkin



Our friends at Martha Stewart always have some wonderful ideas for pumpkins that you can do with your kids, so we thought we would take a few minutes and share a few with you.


image from our friends at Martha Stewart

Take two miniature pumpkins to become a hoot of an owl! Secure the two pumpkins together with a toothpick or kabob skewer. To give your little owl eyes to see take 2 toothpicks and attach pumpkin seeds thru, add a few more and fan them out; repeat several times so it makes a complete circle and top the end with a pearberry. To give your little guy feathers on top of his head take a chrysanthemum bloom and toothpick or hot glue it to the top. And to complete your little friend, hollow out his beak area and insert an almond. Isn’t he cute?


image from our friends at Martha Stewart

Every little girl loves creating jewelry. Why not make a pumpkin necklace? Take your seeds from inside your scooped out pumpkin and put them in a bowl of water. The seeds will separate and float to the top when they do take them and put them on a towel or pan to dry out for a few hours (at least 6). Then take a needle and thread it with silk beaded cord and pierce each seed and create a pattern, you can also add candy corn to make it a bit more colorful!


image from our friends at Martha Stewart

A pumpkin birdhouse has to be one of my favorite ideas! Take a small pumpkin, cut it in half, scoop it out leaving about ½” thick wall all of the way around. In the rim take a knife and slit a ½” rim around to make a “rim” for pumpkin seeds to sit on (really wedged in) To make cute perches, poke a hole with a twig branch and insert. Add some berries. To hang take 2 pieces of twine, knot the ends, secure (where the knot is) on the bottom of the pumpkin. And then fill with birdseed, I know the birds will love visiting here! And in my case, so will the pesty squirrels!

Do you have any cute ideas of pumpkins? Share them! Hope you have a wonderfully sweet and fun Halloween!
A Pumpkin, a Pumpkin, so many things to do with a PumpkinSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

6 comments:

  1. wow...thats a very interesting post! Love it. you have a beautiful blog!
    If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
    I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
    Xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these - I never get over to Martha's site - I'll try to start now. I'm into crafting big time. Happy SITS Sharefest & have a great Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned on Kathy Lee & Hoda that you can hollow out those little pumpkin gourds and put votive candles in them for a cute centerpiece...think I'm gonna try this for Thanksgiving. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...Happy Saturday Sharefest!

    One Quarter to Go 'Til Halftime

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pumpkin bird feeder, such a cool idea. I also just love anything Martha... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great owl idea's i have my 5 yr old son and i think he would love doing this !! and i just wanted to let you know i have an award over at my blog for you so when you have time come on over and take a look ! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! Thanks for posting them, I'll paste them for next year x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by today! Comments are welcome and appreciated. But please, please be kind. :)